The BHP offers a floating support team for young people in temporary accommodation.
We aim to help them to become more independent so they can manage on their own when our support is no longer needed.
People aged between 16 and 25 years old and young people leaving care.
They must demonstrate that they require support and must be a council tenant or live in temporary accommodation through the Brent Direct Leasing scheme.
Generally, young people seeking to sign up for BHP's floating support service must meet the following criteria:
- Must require support intervention to prevent breakdown of their tenancy or temporary accommodation
- the referral agency must be able to provide a completed referral form
including a risk assessment
- where risks are identified, BHP will assess if these can be managed with a support plan
- where alcohol or drugs are an issue, the individual must be prepared to address the issue and follow a harm reduction programme
- must be willing to comply with the terms of the support agreement
- must be willing to accept the level of support assessed through the referral process and comply with BHP's support plan process.
Updated 12/13/2012 12:37:29 PM