Gas safety checks
Have we carried out a gas safety check in your home in the last year?
If not you could be at risk:
- as a landlord, it is Brent Housing Partnership's responsibility to carry out a safety check on gas supplies and appliances in council homes every year
- if you are a council tenant you will receive an appointment by letter. You must keep this appointment or phone to rearrange
- if we do not gain access we may seek an access injunction. We have recently obtained court injunctions against a number of tenants and have been awarded costs
- it is your responsibility to ensure you are not using a gas appliance you know or suspect may be unsafe!
If you think it's been more than one year since your last safety check then council tenants should call Brent Housing Partnership's gas monitoring team on:
Leaseholders, and other Brent residents who own their own homes, should ensure that a Gas Safe registered engineer checks their appliances too.
If you suspect that you have a gas leak:
- Call National Grid (formerly Transco) anytime free of charge on 0800 111 999. Minicom/Textphone is provided for the deaf and hard of hearing on 0800 371 787
- Don't turn electric switches on or off, smoke or use naked flames
- Do turn off the gas supply at the meter, open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
- Do open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
Updated 04/30/2013 12:10:34 PM