Equalities diversity and inclusion in BHP
Equality diversity and inclusion objectives
Equality and diversity objective 1
- Ensure our Board, Staff, Contractors, Resident Representatives and Partners understand their obligations to champion equality and diversity.
Equality and diversity objective 2
- Ensure that our services are accessible and tailored to meet the needs of our council tenants and leaseholders in Brent.
Equality and diversity objective 3
- Improve our engagement with council tenants and leaseholders from diverse backgrounds and those from minority and under-represented groups.
Equality and diversity objective 4
- Ensure our services are non-discriminatory by assessing the impact of all policies, procedures, strategies and core services against all protected characteristics
Equality and diversity objective 5
- Improve the collection of data on all protected characteristics for our staff, council tenants and leaseholders to better inform equality objectives in years to come so that we are seen by everyone who comes into contact with us as a fair, transparent and an equitable employer and service provider.
Equality and diversity objective 6
- Develop positive partnerships that support stronger service provision and share common equality and diversity principles
How we will monitor our equality and diversity objectives:
- Our Board will receive annual reports on the profile of our staff and tenants with an update on progress in achieving the six equality objectives
- An update on progress in achieving the equality objectives will be presented in the Annual Housing Report for tenants published in October of each year
- We will provide an update to the Council in our annual Delivery Plan showing the progress we have made on achieving the equality objectives
- We have recently applied to become accredited 'Investors in Diversity' with an external organisation and will be working with them to review our progress in achieving the equalities and diversity objectives show in Section 4. We hope to achieve the 'Leaders in Diversity' status by 2013.
- Our Senior Management Team will review data collection on protected characteristics within our organisation every six months and review our progress against the Action Plan.
Updated 04/22/2013 03:48:48 PM