Pay my rent
Your rent is due every Monday, a week in advance. You should allow at least three working days for the payment to reach your rent account.
The Welfare Reform Act will bring significant changes to those claiming welfare benefits across the UK.
It introduces a wide range of reforms that aim to make the benefits and tax credits systems fairer and simpler.
You can pay your rent:
- online. You can now pay online using our online rents payment form. (Please note that you can't pay your garage rent online at present).
- by standing order. This is an instruction to your bank to make a regular payment to the council from your bank.
- by direct debit. This is your instruction to your bank or building society from Brent Council to pay your rent.
- by PayPoint. You can pay at convenience stores, newsagents, supermarkets and service stations where you can see the Paypoint sign (cash only).
- at any Post Office using your PayPoint card together with your payment which can be debit card, cash or cheque. Please make any cheque payable to Post Office Ltd, and remember to write your 13 digit rent payment reference number on the back of your cheque.
- at your bank or building society, fill in your rent payment slip and take it along with your payment to your bank or building society. If you are paying by cheque make it payable to 'London Borough of Brent'. If you pay at your own bank or building society or any branch of NatWest Bank, you will not have to pay a charge.
- by deduction from your income. If you are an employee of Brent Council or Brent Housing Partnership, you can have your rent deducted from your pay.
- by credit card. You can pay by switch or credit card by phoning our credit card hotline on 020 8937 1717 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday. This will soon be a 24 hour automated service.
Rent accounting team (for method of payments enquiries):
Rents team (for general rent enquiries):
All correspondence to Brent Housing Partnership should be sent to:
Brent Housing Partnership
or by email email@example.com
Alternatively you can visit any of the One Stop local offices around the borough or if you live in South Kilburn you can visit the South Kilburn Housing Office at:
Community Resource Centre
William Dunbar House
Opening hours Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm, closed for lunch 1pm to 2pm
Updated 05/17/2013 01:12:10 PM