Brent Housing Partnership is committed to providing its online services to all sections of the public.
Our website is being designed to follow the accessibility guidelines issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB).
Improving accessibility on our website
What we have done about it:
- no use of frames
- use of alternative text to describe the content of an image. This is useful for text-based browsers and/or for users with visual impairments
- links to the Adobe website for portable document format (pdf) files
- increased contrast between background and text for readability purposes
- ensuring that fields in online forms can be navigated by pressing 'TAB' on a keyboard. This is particular meaningful to users that cannot use a pointer device such as the mouse, whether this is for mobility reasons or for visual impairments
- avoidance of certain colour combinations that may result in not seeing whatever is displayed due to colour blindness
- information being chunked and reduced where possible, grouping relevant information and displaying it in different pages for a better understanding
- various documents online being translated into a number of community languages
- the ability to change the text size on every page
Updated 02/19/2010 10:26:28 AM